Tonights’ supper was a super easy and super tasty, crowd pleaser. Our Organic Top Rump beef benefits beautifully from slow cooking, resulting in a magnificent, mouth watering meal. Follow our recipe (measurements are with flair and flounce according to taste!) for an easy meal, perfect for entertaining.
- Gluvian Organics Top Rump Beef Joint
- Organic beef stock cube or home made stock
- Two tablespoons of black pepper
- Two cloves of fresh, crushed organic garlic
- One of our finely chopped organic onions
- Half a cup of organic red wine vinegar
- Few springs of fresh thyme or two tablespoons of dried thyme
- Two tablespoons of organic rapeseed or vegetable oil
- Heat half the oil in a heavy based pan
- Coat the joint in the the rest of the oil and the pepper, garlic and thyme
- Sear all sides of the joint twice
- Add the red wine vinegar and stock to a slow cooker
- Add the joint and contents of the pan, baste well
- Cover and cook on low for at least 8/9 hours, depending on the joint size (we do turn and baste every few hours, but it’s not necessary!)
- Rest for 10 minutes
- Shred with two forks and spoon over some of the juices from the slow cooker to keep moist
- Serve on our fresh, farmhouse, Cornish Splits, spread with local organic butter and a dollop of horseradish sauce – enjoy!
Celebrating the Royal Wedding with a BBQ or garden party? Weather is set fair and we have our certified Organic Beef and Pork burgers, sausages and steaks to perfect your grill! Pre order our farmhouse scones and home made jams to have a truly British event!
One of our homemade family favourites at any time of year, but a particularly economic and warming comfort food during the winter months. We use our own organic beef mince and organic vegetables, hope you enjoy our recipe. Our measurements are down to personal preference!
- Peel and chop potatoes, carrots and swede or turnip. Boil until tender. Add butter, milk and season. Mash and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, brown mince and onion, add finely chopped garlic and season with salt and pepper. Add a dollop of tomato puree and some thyme (fresh is best, but dried also good). We make our own beef stock, but organic stock is readily available. Add the stock and cover with water, bring to the boil, stirring until it thickens to a gravy. Remove from heat. Again, leave to cool a little (we sometimes leave until the next day as the flavour intensifies).
- Transfer to an oven proof dish. Top the mince with the mash and grate some organic full bodied cheddar cheese on top.
- Put in a medium oven until heated through and cheese is bubbling. Enjoy with fresh, seasonal, organic vegetables!
If you’re after a truly, traditional, Cornish Christmas, then look no further than Gluvian Farm Organics to help you entertain this season! Fresh meat day this December is Thursday 7th – our Organic, Prime Hereford Beef. Order your favourite cuts for the holidays. In addition, we have our succulent Organic Lamb and Pork, all to help with your celebrations. Our fresh, seasonal, Organic vegetables and our delicious home produce, made in our farmhouse kitchen will meet all your holiday table requirements.
Home made chutneys, pickles and jellys will all compliment your platters. Order our tasty, savoury game or ham and egg pies, sausage rolls, pasty pies and beef patty pies. Our Christmas cakes, Christmas puddings, congress tarts, mince pies, almond tarts and saffron buns will change your menu into a truly, traditional, festive feast.
Order now on 01637 860635, to ensure you can enjoy your Organic Cornish Christmas!
Our delicious Organic Beef has been selling out this season! Be sure to reserve your favourite cut for the festive season by ordering early on 01637 860635. Cuts to suit all budgets. Soil Association and Red Tractor certified. Slow grown and grass fed.
Sausages, Burgers, Joints (Inc Boxeater, Topside, Brisket, Silverside, Toprump), Mince, Steaks (Inc Fillet, Rump, Sirloin, Rib Eye), Skirt, Chuck.
Scrumptious Cornish Pasties
If you are after a true taste of Cornwall, look no further than our delicious, delectable and ever popular savory pasties.
Delicious Cornish Pasties
We use a closely guarded, family recipe, which goes back generations to create our traditional, home made, shortcrust pasties in our farmhouse kitchen. In addition to our mouthwatering Cornish Pasty (beef), we can also cook scrumptious Cheese and Onion and Vegetable.
Please pre-order either in the shop or on 01637 861667, to ensure we can freshly prepare and bake your pasty for collection.
Nothing beats a Cornish Pasty to warm you up on a grey day, to pack in a picnic in the sunshine, to bring to the beach or enjoy for an evening meal. A true taste of Cornwall from a true Cornish kitchen.
This August looks set to start fair, with a couple of days providing glorious Cornish sunshine. Why not make the most of them by cooking alfresco and enjoying one of our mouthwatering, tender, Organic beef steaks.
We have rump, rib eye, sirloin and fillet, all sizes to suit all appetites and budgets. Bred and reared on the farm, slow fed on our Organic Cornish pasture and antibiotic free.
Planning a picnic with friends this summer? We have plenty of good locations around here – beaches, moors, parks or simply a comfy spot of grass in the Cornish sunshine.
Why not order some of our scrumptious, traditional farmhouse kitchen scones, jams, splits, yeast buns, saffron buns, chutneys, pasty pie or ham and egg pies.
Perfect for a lazy lunch, all you have to do is serve, sit back and enjoy! Which raises the question… jam or cream first?
Stuck for ideas about what to cook for dinner this weekend? How about one of our succulent, tender, organic beef roasting joints. Sizes to suit all budgets, crammed with plenty of slow grown, delicious taste.
Need some inspiration? Here are some recipes from Red Tractor who we are certified by, in addition to the Soil Association for our meat and vegetables. Try Rosemary Roast Beef with Balsamic and Cranberry Glaze or a hearty Roast Beef with Crispy Bacon, Mustard and Herbs – try our own organic Cornish bacon! We have plenty of flavorsome, in season vegetables to accompany, give us a call on 01637 860635 to order.