Tonights’ supper was a super easy and super tasty, crowd pleaser. Our Organic Top Rump beef benefits beautifully from slow cooking, resulting in a magnificent, mouth watering meal. Follow our recipe (measurements are with flair and flounce according to taste!) for an easy meal, perfect for entertaining.
- Gluvian Organics Top Rump Beef Joint
- Organic beef stock cube or home made stock
- Two tablespoons of black pepper
- Two cloves of fresh, crushed organic garlic
- One of our finely chopped organic onions
- Half a cup of organic red wine vinegar
- Few springs of fresh thyme or two tablespoons of dried thyme
- Two tablespoons of organic rapeseed or vegetable oil
- Heat half the oil in a heavy based pan
- Coat the joint in the the rest of the oil and the pepper, garlic and thyme
- Sear all sides of the joint twice
- Add the red wine vinegar and stock to a slow cooker
- Add the joint and contents of the pan, baste well
- Cover and cook on low for at least 8/9 hours, depending on the joint size (we do turn and baste every few hours, but it’s not necessary!)
- Rest for 10 minutes
- Shred with two forks and spoon over some of the juices from the slow cooker to keep moist
- Serve on our fresh, farmhouse, Cornish Splits, spread with local organic butter and a dollop of horseradish sauce – enjoy!
Celebrating the Royal Wedding with a BBQ or garden party? Weather is set fair and we have our certified Organic Beef and Pork burgers, sausages and steaks to perfect your grill! Pre order our farmhouse scones and home made jams to have a truly British event!
Shrove Tuesday, was traditionally the last chance to each a range of forbidden foods over the Christian period of Lent, leading up to Easter. Our free range, lovely ladies, have not let the winter slow them down and have been laying a plenty. Our customers really can taste the difference! Try our eggs in this traditional British pancake recipe from deliaonline.com.
One of our homemade family favourites at any time of year, but a particularly economic and warming comfort food during the winter months. We use our own organic beef mince and organic vegetables, hope you enjoy our recipe. Our measurements are down to personal preference!
- Peel and chop potatoes, carrots and swede or turnip. Boil until tender. Add butter, milk and season. Mash and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, brown mince and onion, add finely chopped garlic and season with salt and pepper. Add a dollop of tomato puree and some thyme (fresh is best, but dried also good). We make our own beef stock, but organic stock is readily available. Add the stock and cover with water, bring to the boil, stirring until it thickens to a gravy. Remove from heat. Again, leave to cool a little (we sometimes leave until the next day as the flavour intensifies).
- Transfer to an oven proof dish. Top the mince with the mash and grate some organic full bodied cheddar cheese on top.
- Put in a medium oven until heated through and cheese is bubbling. Enjoy with fresh, seasonal, organic vegetables!
If you’re after a truly, traditional, Cornish Christmas, then look no further than Gluvian Farm Organics to help you entertain this season! Fresh meat day this December is Thursday 7th – our Organic, Prime Hereford Beef. Order your favourite cuts for the holidays. In addition, we have our succulent Organic Lamb and Pork, all to help with your celebrations. Our fresh, seasonal, Organic vegetables and our delicious home produce, made in our farmhouse kitchen will meet all your holiday table requirements.
Home made chutneys, pickles and jellys will all compliment your platters. Order our tasty, savoury game or ham and egg pies, sausage rolls, pasty pies and beef patty pies. Our Christmas cakes, Christmas puddings, congress tarts, mince pies, almond tarts and saffron buns will change your menu into a truly, traditional, festive feast.
Order now on 01637 860635, to ensure you can enjoy your Organic Cornish Christmas!
Our delicious Organic Beef has been selling out this season! Be sure to reserve your favourite cut for the festive season by ordering early on 01637 860635. Cuts to suit all budgets. Soil Association and Red Tractor certified. Slow grown and grass fed.
Sausages, Burgers, Joints (Inc Boxeater, Topside, Brisket, Silverside, Toprump), Mince, Steaks (Inc Fillet, Rump, Sirloin, Rib Eye), Skirt, Chuck.
Our Organic hedgerows are abundant at this time of year with Autumn fruits, including Sloes, Rose Hips, Blackberries and Crab Apples. We are also lucky to have some late apples in our heritage orchard including Sops of Wine and Bramley. We have been busy picking our share (leaving enough for the wildlife and livestock – yes, they love to munch on berries too!) and we’ve had a time scale for the blackberries – old folk lore suggests that they should be harvested before Michaelmas on the 29th September (or 10th October), or the devil turns them sour! Have a look at this interesting article on culinarylore.com for the background to this tale!
The blackberries go into jams and pies, the apples into chutney, apple sauce and pies also.
Sloes go into jam and a little tipple of gin (saved for the festive season)! Elderberries are used in jams and syrups, as are rose hips, (very good for colds – especially with our home made ice cream)!
From the same family as sloes, are our plums, damsons and cornish bullums – the latter you may not have heard of. All go into our delicious jams.
Rode Hip Syrup
Damson and Orange Jam
It’s Organic September Saturday on the 16th September!
We are celebrating by inviting you to come and meet the team at St Mawgan Vintage Rally!
We will have a stall with a sample of our organic goods and a few surprises!
Come and meet the team, have a chat about how we farm and why we choose to be organic. Look forward to seeing you!